Friday, May 9, 2014

Right now  I am:

-Listening to the rain and the first distant thunderstorm of the season.

- Happy to have the windows wide open - to have slept last night to a symphony of peepers, coyotes and wind.

- Enjoying the field of green I see outside my window. 

- Loving this Wyeth-esque view from an upstairs window.






- Wearing my first summer dress of the year.




- Smelling the corn muffins Norah is baking (made them all by herself!)- and thinking about how good they will taste with some mint tea.

- Noticing how pretty those eggs in my egg basket are - in abundance now that the days are longer!



- Enjoying this Mother's Day gift made of construction paper, Elmers Glue, and 2nd grade sweetness.

- Realizing my construction paper and Elmers Glue Mother's Day gifts will be coming to an end in a couple of years.




- Remembering all the mommies in my life: the amazing circle of woman whom I learn from and lean on and am inspired by every day.  

- Thinking about my own mama - my grandmothers, and great-grandmothers, and great-great grandmothers.

 -Grateful that they loved and brought me here.

~ j




   


No comments:

Post a Comment