Friday, June 20, 2014

June is here.  The busyness of this month provides little time for writing. 

But a lot of good work! 


The garden is growing. I am the weeder. 
So I have been weeding. 

But weeding is work I enjoy! 

A friend of mine told me it's a power trip thing (and she is a farmer, so she would know!): deciding which plants stay and which go. Removing the roots with one fell pull, never to be heard from again! 

There is something oh-so-satisfiying about a freshly weeded row of veggies. Putting everything in order. 
Tidying up.




That empty plot of dirt has become green with growing things. 

Yummy things!



We have been enjoying fresh lettuces, chives, arugula, mizzuna, herbs. 

Nothing better, I tell you, then going out to the garden with a basket and picking your dinner. 

Coming up: peas, beans, beets, carrots, cukes, taters, squashes, pumpkins, corn, tomatoes, onions oh my!



How does your garden grow?

~ j


No comments:

Post a Comment